Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Extra Credit

The first reader read a series of poems that he had written that were inspired by western films that he had seen from the 20s and 30s. I thought it was very interesting how he incorporated themes and names from the movies into his poems to create a whole new piece of work.

The second reader wrote a true story about her experiences fostering a Haitian girl needing serious surgery on her legs. She gave a vivid description of the bond she had with the child and about the hardships of communication. I really loved the story because I felt the emotion for her, living with a child that she knew would have to leave to go home in a year.

The third reading was a series of different kind of poems. Many of them were about technology advancements today. I had a hard time following the poems but I think one was talking about how technology was taking over the world and advancing so much right now.

The last reader was probably my favorite. It was a fictional short story about two freshman living in a college dorm and a series of crazy events happen. The diction that the author chose was funny and relatable to freshman in college. The ending was unexpected, which I liked as well. As much as I wanted to stay to hear the rest,  had to go to the library to study at intermission.

No comments:

Post a Comment